Translating Translation Questions for Gateway Languages Using BTT Writer¶
NOTE: These instructions assume that the Bible ULB text project and the Bible ULB Questions project have been previously set-up and that the Gateway Language check box is checked in Settings.
The white square or rectangle boxes are known as cards. Each of the cards in a row contains the information pertaining to the same chunk, or part of, the chapter.
- 1st column – This is the English ULB source text. Use this as a reference tool or guide on what the notes or questions are referring to.
- 2nd column – This is the Gateway Language translation of the book. The verses on the card of this translation should align with the verses on the English card.
- 3rd column – This is the working column
- 4th column – Tabs with the resources for the English ULB.
HINT: You might want to arrange the window so that the right 3 columns are visible at the same time.
HINT: You might want to move the rows of cards so that the row being worked on is placed at the top of the window.
To work in the 3rd column:
- To create a new card - click the plus sign located on the top bar on the right side. Notice that the first card can be created by clicking on the plus sign in the middle of the gray space in the row.
- To delete a card – click on the X in the top right of the card.
- To move a card up or down on the row - click on the up or down triangle arrows. Note that cards cannot be moved from one row to another.
Remember to always write the questions in a way that will be consistent and clear to the translator.
Formatting the translated Questions:¶
The blue words, the questions, should be translated above the thin red line of the 3rd column card.
The answers to the questions (words in black font) are translated on the lines under the thin red line.
To translate Questions:¶
- Click on the ‘Questions’ tab in the 4th column.
- Click the plus sign in the 3rd column to create a new card.
- Choose a question (blue words) and translate it on the thin red line of the new card.
- Click on the question (blue words) to see the expected answer.
. Translate the answer of the question on the 3rd column card under the thin red line.